While I’ve never been a fan of changes, changes in 2017 have been an ongoing theme for me, and I’m proud to say I think it’s been for the best, considering that last year was the hardest year of my life.
It’s been four months since I’ve written anything on my author site, but there’s been a lot going on. As you can imagine, since I wrote THIS post, life hasn’t been quite “normal,” nor have I been in my daily routine–any routine, for that matter. Though, I’m happy to say that life has moved me in another direction…literally. The DH and I have moved, which has created a lot of bittersweet changes, not only personally, but professionally, too. We’re in the stages of unpacking, and I’m finding my “new normal,” but while a bit of construction has taken place, though, is almost finished, my characters for my WIP are constantly on my mind, which leads me to wonder what direction I want to go. One thing I think you should know is that this book is part fiction/part truth, so there are times when I’m overwhelmed with emotions, memories, and, of course, so much love. Here are my options:
- Option One: A series of books: The Lonely Doe Series.
- In Book #1, my female MC would tell her story about her first love, a cowboy, and rancher who works on her father’s ranch. I would describe how they met, their time together, the climax (I wish I could explain this more, but it’s a spoiler), and then the ending of her time in Texas.
- In Book #2, the book would take place a few years later. My female MC would be with another man, complete opposite of her first love. Due to a death in her family, she heads back to Texas, where she’d be up against her past–and him, the man who broke her heart, years earlier. When temptation bites at her, she’s filled with guilt, but upon her arrival back in New York, my female MC is more than determined to spend her life with the only man she really wants in her life. When her live-in boyfriend, who proposes, but…is she really over the man back home?
- In Book #3, my female MC makes her final choice and chooses her man. Will it be her first love, the cowboy, the one who knows her better than anyone, the first man who she’d let touch her everywhere, or will it be the pediatric cardiologist, the man who she knows will never break her heart and loves her no matter what she does.
- Option Two: A complete novel.
- I would tell this full story in one book.
Now, I need your help, and I’d appreciate if you’d please answer the following questions by leaving your comments:
- Do you like to read series books?
- Would you prefer I write this as one complete novel?
- What would you like me to add/change, or do you have any sparks of imagination?
Thank you, family and friends, for following my posts! I love all of you and plan on blogging more about my journey as an author.
Have a great weekend!