As a reader, I often want to know more about the author’s life, and what their inspiration was to write the book. The three books that come to mind are “Finding Lucas” by Samantha Stroh Bailey, “Blogger Girl” by Meredith Schorr, and “Breaking the Rules” by Cat Lavoie. Samantha, is Lucas based on a real character? Meredith, how much does your life resemble Kimberly Long’s. Cat, have you ever had an Ollie/Roxy kind of relationship with a male friend?
This led me to think that my readers might want to know more about myself and my book. Here are five facts that you might not know:
1. While I’ve been to Florida for more family vacations than I can count, I’m not a beach girl, which is funny because Carrie is complete opposite. She loves Florida, (hey, I guess it doesn’t hurt the fact that handsome Brad is there, too), and as an interior designer, she enjoys the old money atmosphere that Palm Beach has to offer. Also, Carrie’s hair is straight, and mine is naturally curly, which doesn’t go with Florida’s humidity.
2. Just because I’m not a Florida kind of girl, it doesn’t mean that I don’t like the inspiration that it leaves to write a juicy book! If you’ve ever read Palm Beach’s newspaper, The Shiny Sheet, I assure you that you will find a story (or two) in there that will spark some writing inspiration.
3. I wrote this book during National Novel Writing Month! Writing more than 50,000 words in 30 days was a crazy thing to do, especially during such a busy time of year, but it was worth it. (Click HERE to see another blog post on NaNoWriMo).
4. The bond that Carrie has with her sister, is the same bond I have with my cousin (sisters for life). Writing a few scenes between Carrie and Sara, I cried…okay, I bawled like a baby.
5. I came up with the title halfway through writing this book.