Hello! I know it’s been a very long time since I’ve blogged, but I’ve had a year of ups and downs. With great joy, I’m here to tell you that not only am I back, I’m also excited to say that I’ve been working like a mad woman on my upcoming release, “Cards From Khloe’s Flower Shop.” I’m trying to make this the best it can be, which can take time, so I appreciate your patience.
As for what’s been going on, here are just a few great things that have happened this year:
- In March, I celebrated my 34th birthday in London (a place I’ve always want to go)! It was a trip/vacation of a lifetime, and I was lucky to share it with with my hubby and two of our awesome friends. Having read numerous books about the Royal family and Princess Diana, and keeping up with Will and Kate, seeing Buckingham Palace and visiting the Diana Memorial Fountain was very surreal. My husband and I also got to see The Book of Mormon at the Prince of Wales Theater. While I wasn’t one who was really interested in seeing it, it was quite funny, and I’m happy the hubby insisted we see it, (honey, if you’re reading this, you were right!). I’m already thinking about my trip back to the U.K., whenever that will be…
- I became a Scentsy consultant! Seriously, I’m obsessed with the warmers and wax (and, as of recently, we’ve extended out line), and I love spreading the word about the products I’m in love with. Haven’t heard anything about Scentsy, click HERE, and get your order in today! (Chauncey is my real name, that’s why I’m not listed as Isabella).
- I took my book on another book tour (click HERE to see the book tour), and have gained several more reviews of “The Right Design.” If you’re interested to see what people are saying, click HERE. Also, if you haven’t already, pick up your copy, and if you’ve read the book, I urge you to write a review, (thanks in advance). Having said that, I’m learning to be a better author, thanks to the feedback I’ve received. I feel that I’ve met my match, and I want to keep going on. After all, I love being an author.
- My goal is to have “Cards From Khloe’s Shop” published by February, so wish me luck. 🙂
- I’m still posting on my author/book promotion site, Chick Lit Goddess, so be sure to check it out! (While I’m not accepting review requests right now, I’ll be happy to do an author/book feature, so if you’re interested, email me.
Now, like sometimes life plays out, there have been some unfortunate things that I’ve been dealing with:
- My little furbaby, Thorndike, tuned 15 in August. He’s had kidney issues in the past, but they seem to have been worsening, so I’m just trying to love on him the best way I can, treasuring the time I have with him. He will forever be my favorite writing/editing buddy.
- As some of you know, I’ve had some health issues, which I’ve been dealing with for a year and a half. After seeing 9 doctors (one who even wanted to do a bone marrow biopsy, which we didn’t do), I was finally diagnosed with vertigo. Finally, I was prescribed medicine, and it’s working okay. With vertigo, I’ve had daily head, back, and neck aches, but not only was that difficult to go through, it was the fact that my brain took hold of me, and I often felt disabled, unable to work on edits or writing. Having vertigo has been one of the hardest things I’ve ever hard to go through, as chronic pain is life altering. I’m blessed to have wonderful doctors, along with the best husband on the planet, who has been my strongest cheerleader–especially on days when I needed it most. I still have my good and bad days, but I feel like I’m on the mend to reclaiming my life back. For those of you who do have a chronic illness, I highly recommend subscribing to THIS site, ChronicBabe, as it lifted my spirits, knowing that I’m not alone, and that it’s okay to feel a certain way.
Well, that’s about all I’ve got for now, but I welcome your comments, and I hope to post again soon! Have a great weekend, everyone!